Translators often talk about the quality of their work. What does that mean? I recently learned that I've been ranked as the #1 linguist in my language pair for my biggest client. Here's how I received that ranking, a testimony to the high quality of the translations I produce:
- Timely delivery: I deliver translations on or ahead of schedule. Overbooking my time is not helpful for me or my clients.
- On-budget: I only accept work that I can deliver within the client's budget, and then make sure to meet those constraints.
- Accuracy: I choose projects that fit my expertise. I want to be comfortable that my translation accurately reflects the meaning of your text.
- Ease of editing: I work hard to reduce the amount of editing needed on my work. I use a variety of tools for proofing, grammar and spell-checking documents before I deliver them.
- Reliability: The theme of reliability runs through my clients' reviews of my work. You can count on me.
Translation quality can be measured, and when my client measured the quality of my work, they ranked me at the top of the list.